No Gi Guard Passing App
|Get No Gi Guard Passing for iPhones & iPads||Get No Gi Guard Passing for Android phones & tablets|
This is the 12th app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series. It expands upon the strategies and techniques taught by Emily Kwok in previous apps but is also designed as a standalone product.
This series of apps give you the techniques and strategies you need to defend yourself against, and defeat, opponents much larger than yourself using the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Passing the guard is the key to dominating and submitting opponents of any size.
But if you want guard passes that work reliably in no gi, and especially on bigger, stronger opponents, then you’ll need to make some important adjustments…
On the one hand, in no gi you can take advantage of the inherent slipperiness and the lack of control to advance your position. On the other hand, though, you don’t want to ignore the points of control that that do exist. In fact, the no gi environment makes those few remaining points of control even more important.
In Volume 12, No Gi Guard Passing, Emily shows you how to combine advanced guard passing strategies with simple tweaks and techniques that allow you to cut through the closed, open and half guard in a no gi situation.
Emily first takes you through her proven system for opening the guard of a bigger, stronger opponent. Then she covers her highest percentage no gi guard passes, which work on grapplers of any size. And then she takes you through exactly what to do for those difficult-to-solve guard passing situations where most practitioners simply have no idea of what to do next.
This is a competition-proven system of guard passing that will give you an ‘unfair’ advantage on the mats when it comes to cutting through your opponent’s guard and getting to sidemount or mount. Best of all, these guard passes work reliably even if your opponent has a significant size and strength advantage over you!
ABOUT EMILY AND STEPHAN
Emily is a multiple time BJJ world champion, both with and without the gi. She has studied with and learned from many of the top grapplers in the world.
Emily faces people bigger than her on the mats every single day, which has forced her to develop a streamlined and highly efficient approach to jiu-jitsu. She has shared her techniques with thousands of grapplers of all levels at camps, seminars, and at her own school.
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt, and a Combat Submission Wrestling instructor. He has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years.
A master teacher, Stephan has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his crystal-clear instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
- 1 hour and 18 minutes of solid, filler-free instruction
- Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click ‘favourite’ feature
- The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- BONUS: ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ is free to download with your purhase of this app!
Here are a couple of excerpts from this app to help you make an informed purchasing decision. The instruction in these two clips is very much representative of the rest of the app, so if you like what you see, and if you think you can use it on the mats, then you might want to consider purchasing the No Gi Guard Passing App!
Guard Passing Strategies vs Bigger People
It can be really tough to pass the guard of a bigger, stronger opponent. They’ll rely on brute strength and bodyweight to break your posture and shut your guard pass down before it even starts. In this section Emily talks about the concepts and ideas you need to keep in mind to cut through your opponent’s guard when you’re much smaller than they are.
How to Pass Deep Half Guard
The deep half guard is a style of guard that offers the person on bottom many super-powerful options to sweep you. Many grapplers simply concede the sweep when they get caught in this position, but that’s the wrong approach! Use the competition-proven techniques and details shown by Emily in this video clip to completely shut down your opponent’s deep half guard, even if he’s much bigger and more powerful than you!
- Intro to No Gi Guard Passing
- Breaking vs. Passing the Guard
- Opening the Guard form the Knees
- Standing vs Kneeling Guard Breaks
- Opening the Guard on the Feet 1
- Opening the Guard on the Feet 2
- Guard Passing Strategies
- Inside Knee Cut
- Outside Knee Wedge
- Backstep Pass
- Double Arm Underhook Pass
- Double Leg Underhook Pass
- Directional Change vs Z Guard
- Knee Bind to Mount vs Half Guard
- Passing vs Deep Half Guard