I’ve got a super cool, super informative interview for you today!
This is the first time in Grapplearts history that I’ve interviewed a person for a second time. But boy, did my friend, BJJ black belt, and fierce competitor Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins ever deliver! (click here for the first interview).
(Brandon and I originally worked together to create the highly acclaimed instructional How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent Volume 2.)
In today’s interview Brandon and I discuss a TON of stuff, including,
- Life and death on the seminar circuit,
- What changes you need to make to your guard to transition from gi to no-gi,
- How to connect moves together to make a smooth and fluid game,
- The evolution of jiu-jitsu, including the new positions and strategies that are continuously changing the sport,
- Why you always need to pushing to improve your position even when you’re ahead on points. (more…)
Recently I managed to catch up with Vinicius ‘Draculino’ Magalhães and pick his brain about the ongoing evolution of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
Draculino started training in Rio in the 1980′s, back in the days when many of the big names in BJJ were just young kids with blue and purple belts around their waists. (more…)