Takedowns & Top Position Gameplan App
|Get ‘Takedowns & Top Position Gameplan’
for iPhone & iPad
|Get ‘Takedowns & Top Position Gameplan’
for Android phones & tablets
This is the sixth app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series.
In ‘Takedowns and Top Position Gameplan’, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belts Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins and Stephan Kesting work together to give you a complete gameplan for starting in a standing position, taking your opponent to the ground, passing his board and half guard, and finishing him with devastatingly effective submissions that don’t require tons of strength.
In this app Brandon share his highly effective, competition-proven techniques for
- Specific gripping strategies to stop your opponent from controlling you,
- Getting a larger opponent to the ground with throws and takedowns,
- Passing his guard,
- Passing his half guard,
- Controlling the top position
- Finishing him with highly efficient and effective submissions that work even against bigger opponents.
But most importantly Brandon puts all these techniques into the context of ‘gameplans.’ These are specific strategies that tell you when you should use a specific technique and how to link different techniques together.
Brandon’s gameplans include strategies for preventing your opponent from being able to control you, getting your grips on your feet, taking your opponent down, passing his guard, getting to a dominant position, and submitting him with chokes and joint locks.
All the apps in this series are designed to solve that horrible feeling when you’re facing a much larger opponent but are starting to have doubts about the effectiveness of your techniques against that sort of opponent.
Or when you’ve learned a bunch of unconnected techniques but have no idea of when you should be trying a specific move.
Or when your techniques are all single moves and you’re not sure about how to set your moves up, or the right way to put different techniques together into effective combinations.
Fortunately there is a solution to all these problems. The trick is having both the correct techniques at your disposal AND the correct gameplan to put your moves together. Once you have a coherent gameplan composed of high-percentage techniques then you’ll actually start being able to successfully showcase your grappling skills against much bigger and more powerful opponents.
Takedowns and Top Position Gameplan is designed to give you the techniques and strategies that are especially effective against opponents who are much bigger, stronger, and more muscular than you.
You’ll also learn specific ways to stay safe and avoid injury on the mats when rolling with heavier grapplers.
ABOUT BRANDON AND STEPHAN
Brandon Mullins is a world champion BJJ black belt based out of Houston Texas. A very active competitor, Brandon has tested himself in well over 200 competition matches at BJJ, no-gi submission grappling, and Judo tournaments.
He has compiled a phenomenal record, both with and without the gi: he’s won gold medals at the Black Belt division at the No-Gi World Championships…
And multiple gold medals in the Advanced division at Grappler’s Quest…
And medals at the Mundials, the Pan-Ams, the US Open, and the Gracie World’s.
The bottom line is that this wealth of competition experience means that he’s tested and retested his strategies and techniques under incredibly challenging situations and proven that they work.
And now he’s willing to share them with you!
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt, and a Combat Submission Wrestling instructor. He has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years.
A master teacher, Stephan has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his crystal-clear instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
- 2 hours, 30 minutes of pure, filler-free instruction
- Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click ‘favourite’ feature
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- BONUS: ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ book for free!
Below is a small selection of videos that you will get when you purchase the Takedowns and Top Position Gameplan app for your phone or tablet.
The Power of Having a Gameplan in BJJ
Best Takedown vs Larger Opponents
Stabilizing and Attacking from Side Mount
How to Pass Z Guard
- The Power of Gameplans
- Gripping and First Move Stategy
- Gripping vs Matched Lead
- Drop Sode Tsurikomigoshi
- Sode to Kouchi Gari
- Arm Drag to Kouchi Gake
- Gripping vs Unmatched Lead
- Cross Grip to Kouchi Gari
- Cross Grip to Sumi Gaeshi
- Safety Position in Closed Guard
- Knee in Middle Pass
- Passing the Half Guard
- Debugging the Half Guard Pass
- Kneecut vs Half Butterfly
- Cartwheel Pass vs Half Butterfly
- The ‘Psych’ Pass vs Half Butterfly
- Kneeswitch Pass vs Half Guard
- Passing the Z Guard Part 1
- Passing the Z Guard Part 2
- Finalizing the Guardpass vs Explosive Bridging
- Stabilizing the Sidemount, & Best Submissions from Sidemount
- Kneeslide from Sidemount to Mount
- Legswing from Sidemount to Mount
- Maintaining the Mount
- Rolling Armbar Attack vs Bridge and Push
- Triangle vs Hip Wrap and Bump
- Rear Mount Attacks