Terms of Service
Please read these Terms of Service carefully as they govern your use of the Grapplearts website (the “Website”) and the services of Grapplearts Enterprises Inc.
Grapplearts is a commercial website, primarily created by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Stephan Kesting. It exists to provide resources (free and paid) to the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, submission grappling, and mixed martial arts communities, as well as any other martial arts that have a grappling or groundfighting component.
The material on this Website, including all information such as text, graphics, images, photographs and sound, is protected by copyright pursuant to the Copyright Act, as amended from time to time and the laws of other countries. You must not reproduce, alter,, store in retrieval system or transmit the material on this Website or any part thereof, unless authorised by the owners of that copyright in writing or permitted by the Copyright Act.
The contents of this Website is intended for your personal, noncommercial use. All materials published on this Website (including, but not limited to news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright, and owned or controlled by Grapplearts Enterprises Inc or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Website.
All services and contents of this website are protected by copyright pursuant to international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of Stephan Kesting or his legally designated representative.
You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Services for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any of the content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Stephan Kesing and Grapplearts Enterprises Inc, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content.
All trademarks that are included on this Website are the property of their respective owners and are protected by relevant laws in Canada and other countries. You must not use any of these trade marks (including the reproduction, modification, distribution, repudiation, display or communication of these trade marks) except by saving or printing out a copy of this Website for personal non-commercial use, unless expressly authorised by the owner of the relevant trademark in writing.
Guidelines for User Comments
You shall not leave, upload, or distribute or otherwise publish on any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material on this site.
Be courteous. By using the comments features provided you agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other members or readers, use defamatory language, deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or commercial spam.
Be respectful. Our online conversations flourish only when our readers feel welcome and safe. By using this website you agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent banning from this site.
Don’t attack. Everyone has opinions and preferences, and people always disagree. We encourage active discussions and civil debates, but personal attacks are a direct violation of these Terms of Service and are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Service.
Links from this Website
The external linked websites within the Website are not within the control of Grapplearts Enterprises Inc or Stephan Kesting. We do not take responsibility for the content in any externally linked sites. The inclusion of any link within the Website does not imply endorsement by Grapplearts Enterprises Inc or Stephan Kesting of the linked website, nor does it imply any relationship with the organisation linked.
Grapplearts Enterprises Inc and Stephan Kesting make no warranties or representations about this Website or any of its content. Use of the website is at your own risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss, injury or trauma resulting from your downloading, use of, or access to data, files, information, or other material on or through the Website. Grapplearts Enterprises Inc and Stephan Kesting are not responsible to you or anyone else for any damages of any kind, including (but not limited to) trauma, injuries, death, any losses resulting from security failures, disclosure of your confidential information by other parties or the transmission of a computer virus, suffered in connection with the use of this Website whether based on breach of contract or warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if Grapplearts Enterprises Inc and Stephan Kesting are informed in advance of the possibility of such damages. Grapplearts Enterprises Inc and Stephan Kesting exclude, to the extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of this Website. By using the Website, you agree to indemnify Grapplearts Enterprises Inc and Stephan Kesting for any loss or liability arising out of your use. Grapplearts Enterprises Inc and Stephan Kesting’s aggregate liability to you for any other losses resulting from the use of the Website is limited to the nominal amount of $1.
You may not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this site any material that:
- advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;
- is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent;
- does not pertain directly to this site;
- you do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party;
- threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyones copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity;
- violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorized on this site;
- solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
- includes programs which contain viruses, worms and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via this site;
- includes MP3 format files;
- amounts to a ‘pyramid’ or similar scheme;
- disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of this site or any networks connected to this site; or
- contains hyper-links to other sites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
Although we are under no obligation to do so, our Stephan Kesting and Grapplearts Enterprises Inc. reserves the right to monitor use of this site to determine compliance with these Terms of Service, as well the right to remove or refuse any information for any reason. Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions.
If you have any questions about this statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, you can use our online contact form, or write:
28571 - 4367 Hastings Street
Burnaby BC V5C 6J4