Regular Price $19.99. Only $9.99 until Friday November 27th
An Advanced BJJ Q&A with Emily Kwok is the third app in the How to Defeat the Bigger Stronger Opponent series featuring world champion Emily Kwok and Stephan Kesting from Grapplearts.com.
In ‘Advanced BJJ Q&A’ Emily shares the tricks, techniques and mindsets she uses on a daily basis against taller, heavier and much stronger training partners – no matter how ‘agro’ they are.
All the material in this app was professionally filmed during a semi-private Q & A session in which Emily answered questions from white, blue, brown and blackbelts.
Here’s just some of the material Emily covers in this app:
- A highly sport-specific and functional warmup for a group of people of all sizes,
- A detailed breakdown of Emily’s approach to attacking from rearmount, including secrets learned from Marcelo Garcia,
- How to finish the guillotine even when your opponent is taller and stronger than you with a much larger neck,
- How to attack with the guillotine in a way that sets up an instant guard pass,
- Sweeps that use your opponent’s size to your advantage,
- A choke that works on bigger, stronger Goliaths, even if you’re only using one hand,
- What to do when your opponent stalls in your guard, trying to shut down your attacks,
- How to protect your fingers from getting injured when gripfighting,
- Emily’s favorite X Guard pass,
- The keys to controlling the rear mount so that your opponent can’t squirm or power out of it, and how to put him into constant ~ danger of getting submitted,
- Why some traditional teaching techniques actually hinder your progress, and how to get better fast,
- Two high-percentage moves to recover from a failed butterfly guard sweep, even if your opponent is trying to use his superior size to crush you and shut down your game,
- The mindset you MUST maintain to prevent your sweeps from being shut down and having your guard passed,
- And more tips, techniques and mindset tricks from a world champion BJJ competitor that you can add to your game and use on the mat right away
- A World Champion’s solutions for many of the most common problems encountered when fighting bigger, stronger opponents on the ground.
- 1 hour of solid, filler-free, video instruction
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using the one-click ‘favourite’ button
- The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- BONUS: purchase this app and receive Stephan’s highly-reviewed ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ book for free!
I love using the X Guard. It’s a really powerful position that I’ve used to sweep people so many times it’s not even funny. I always feel a huge wave of relief whenever I manage to catch somebody in this position because I know that I’ve almost got the sweep now.
But I hate those man-bites-dog moments when I get get caught in the X Guard myself. It’s a good thing have a few answers that I use when someone has the audacity to use my own guard position against me, and I learned my most reliable X Guard counter from Emily Kwok herself. Here it is:
And here’s a second preview from the app. This is Emily teaching some of the in-depth details of the Rear Mount that she’s learned from training with Marcelo Garcia: