Hey, we’ve made it to episode 100 of the Strenuous Life Podcast!!! Thanks to everyone for downloading, rating, reviewing and sharing it – I really appreciate it!
If you don’t already have one then first go and download a podcast app for your iPhone or your android phone. Honestly, listening to podcasts has changed my life because it allows me to stimulate my brain while commuting, doing cardio, etc. The ability to turn downtime into learning time could be a gamechanger for you too!
For today’s episode I talk to BJJ black belt Sean McHugh. I’ve known him and trained with him for 16 years, so I was super-stoked to have him on the podcast. We covered a lot of important material including
- How to train your training partners so that they can help you get better as fast as possible
- Strategies for optimal post workout recovery
- BJJ injury prevention and rehabilitation
- How the teaching of BJJ has evolved since the art was introduced to North America
- Beginner’s teaching progressions, and should you let people spar on the first day of class?
- The dark side of MMA, including concussions, addictions, and lack of options after leaving the sport
- How to continue training when life is kicking the crap out of you
- And much more…