This is the 11th app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series. It expands upon the strategies and techniques taught by Emily Kwok in previous apps but is also designed as a standalone product.
This series of apps give you the techniques and strategies you need to defend yourself against, and defeat, opponents much larger than yourself using the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
The single most important thing you can do to defend yourself against a bigger, stronger opponent, and then to launch your own offense, is to control the grips.
This sounds so simple, but it’s actually a very technical area, where knowing the right thing to do can totally nullify the size and strength advantage of your opponent. In this app Emily gives you the specific techniques, strategies and mindset that will allow you to dominate the gripping game both on the feet and on the ground.
Once you’ve learned the correct gripping strategies to keep yourself safe and control your opponent, Emily then shares the best low-risk strategies for getting the fight to the ground in a way that keeps things in your favor.
The techniques taught by Emily don’t require crazy athleticism but will still prevent bigger guys from manhandling you all over the mat.
The bottom line is that this instructional app will allow you to level the playing field when you’re much smaller than your opponent.
ABOUT EMILY AND STEPHAN
Emily is a multiple time BJJ world champion, both with and without the gi. She has studied with and learned from many of the top grapplers in the world.
Emily faces people bigger than her on the mats every single day, which has forced her to develop a streamlined and highly efficient approach to jiu-jitsu. She has shared her techniques with thousands of grapplers of all levels at camps, seminars, and at her own school.
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt, and a Combat Submission Wrestling instructor. He has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years.
A master teacher, Stephan has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his crystal-clear instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
- Techniques, tricks and strategies to dominate the standup game when you can’t rely on gripping the gi to control your opponent
- 1 hour and 32 minutes of solid, filler-free instruction
- Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click ‘favourite’ feature
- The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- BONUS: ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ is free to download with your purhase of this app!