Marcus and Denis demonstrate the reverse shoulder lock.
(1) Marcus starts out with Denis in his guard using a basic sleeve and lapel grip
(2) He puts his left foot on the hip and his right foot on his opponent’s bicep
(3) He steps over Denis’s head with his right foot
(4) Putting a lot of pressure on his opponent’s shoulder he hooks his instep under Denis’s right thigh
(5) Marcus locks the shoulder by moving his hips to the left, away from his opponent, and stretching his leg out straight
For extensive information on Marcus Soares’s background, training philosophy and more techniques check out the Marcus Soares Interview from where this technique originated.