This is an instructional from How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent, Series 2, with Brandon Mullins.
You can check out (and preview) every volume in this series on the FREE Grapplearts BJJ Master App for your Apple or Android phone.
Click on the appropriate button below to download the Grapplearts Master App for free…
Click here to see all the apps in this series featuring black belt world champion Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins
In ‘Defense & Escape Gameplan’ BJJ black belt and world champion Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins gives you his step-by-step instructions for protecting yourself in, and escaping from, the worst positions in jiu-jitsu.
Defense is important because sometimes things just don’t go to plan. One minute you’re doing great but then you slip up or your opponent gets lucky and suddenly you’re on the bottom, pinned and fighting off attacks.
Brandon’s defensive secrets will come in handy every time you get swept, taken down, or have your guard passed. He covers the highest percentage escapes for the mount, technical mount, the quarter guard, rear mount, rear mount with figure 4′d legs, side mount and the turtle.
These are the techniques you need to get out of trouble and get back in the game! It’s supremely useful, easy to learn material that does NOT rely on having tons of strength or crazy athleticism. Seriously, you’ll find yourself using it all the time.
The entire How to Defeat the Bigger Stronger Opponent series is designed to give you the techniques and strategies that are especially effective against opponents who are much bigger, stronger, and more muscular than you.
You’ll also learn how to stay safe and avoid injury on the mats when rolling with heavier grapplers.
ABOUT BRANDON AND STEPHAN
Brandon Mullins is a world champion BJJ black belt based out of Houston Texas. A very active competitor, Brandon has tested himself in well over 200 competition matches at BJJ, no-gi submission grappling, and Judo tournaments.
He has compiled a phenomenal record, both with and without the gi: he’s won gold medals at the Black Belt division at the No-Gi World Championships… And at the European Championships… And multiple gold medals in the Advanced division at Grappler’s Quest… And medals at the Mundials, the Pan-Ams, the US Open, and the Gracie World’s.
Brandon is a small guy: he competes at 118 lbs. In an average BJJ class there are usually women and children bigger than he is. In order to be successful despite the size disadvantage he has had to become a very technical grappler, evaluating every position, paring away all wasted movements and never relying on brute strength. His disadvantage is our gain, because surviving on the mats as a smaller grappler has made him a superb (and very popular) teacher of the art of BJJ.
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt, and a Combat Submission Wrestling instructor. He has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years.
A master teacher, Stephan has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his crystal-clear instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
- 1 hour and 53 minutes of solid, filler-free instruction
- Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click ‘favourite’ feature
- The app allows downloads to your phone or tablet so that an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- BONUS: ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ is free to download with your purhase of this app!
One of the Highest Percentage High Level Sidemount Escapes
How to Train Defense in BJJ and Submission Grappling
How to Escape Rear Mount in Gi and No Gi
1. Defense and Escape Gameplan
2. Advanced Elbow-Knee Escape vs Mount
3. Foot Drag Escape
4. Double-Unders Escape vs Technical Mount
5. Shrimp and Lift vs Technical Mount
6. Reguarding from the Quarter Guard
7. Following the Hand Escape vs Rear Mount
8. Slow Motion Seoi Nage vs Rear Mount
9. Escaping Rear Mount in Transition
10. Somersault Escape vs Rear Body Triangle
11. Scarola Roll vs Rear Body Triangle
12. Crossing the Arm Escape vs Rear Body Triangle
13. Transitional Foot Drag vs Side Mount
14. Granby Roll vs Side Mount
15. Other Transitional Escapes vs Side Mount
16. Bumping to an Armbar vs Side Mount
17. Pummel Escape vs Side Mount
18. Turtle Escapes
19. Escaping in Transition vs North-South
20. Defending Big Guy Attacks
How to Get ‘Defense & Escape Gameplan’ On Your Phone
I’ve worked with my programmer to make it as easy as possible to get these submission, sweeping and escape techniques onto your phone. This way you’ll always have your jiu-jitsu instruction close at hand and ready to access!
All the techniques in Defense & Escape Gameplan are in the Grapplearts BJJ Master App.
That Grapplearts BJJ Master App is FREE to download for your Apple and/or Android phone (and comes with more than 457 minutes of free black belt video instruction right out of the box).
This is the app you’re looking for: my smiling mug surrounded by icons and a red border.