About Nonstop Jiu-Jitsu, the Book
Nonstop Jiu-Jitsu is the giant new BJJ book by Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins, a BJJ black belt world champion, and Stephan Kesting, a renowned BJJ black belt educator with 40 years in the martial arts.
This book is laid out in gorgeous full colour and multi-page spreads where you’ll learn plug and play gameplans for exactly how to control and submit your opponent on the ground. These techniques and combinations have been developed and tested over decades of competition so you know you can rely on them when the chips are down.
You’ll also get advanced details, training tips and conceptual breakdowns that will make your jiu-jitsu more powerful than ever before.
- 265 FULL COLOUR PAGES: Every page and technique is brought to life with high quality, full colour photography, clearly showing all the details you need to master the material.
- STEP-BY-STEP TECHNIQUES: Every technique is broken down into easy-to-follow steps so that you always know how to advance your position properly.
- DETAILS, CLOSEUPS AND ALTERNATE ANGLES: Every technique is shown from multiple angles, with special attention paid to the little details that make the difference between success and failure.
- FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENTS AND ADVANCED APPLICATIONS: The book covers the most important and fundamental movements in BJJ, exactly how to apply those movements in sparring, and how to link them together into advanced applications.
- COMPETITION PROVEN STRATEGIES: The techniques, tips and strategies shown have been field tested in hundreds of high level matches against some of the best competitors in the world.
Stephan Kesting and Brandon Mullins
Preview Pages from Nonstop Jiu-Jitsu
Scroll left and right to check out some representative pages from the 265 page book. This will give you a good idea of the layout and format of the book
If you want to see a page at full resolution please click on it to have it open in a new tab!
Where to Purchase Nonstop Jiu-Jitsu
For ease and reliability of shipping we’ve decided to use Amazon as our distribution hub. Here are some of your options to purchase the book…
Purchase Directly From Amazon.com
Here’s the direct link to Nonstop Jiu-Jitsu in the Amazon.com store for customers in the USA and in countries not covered by the regional stores on the right.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is This Book Available in My Country?
It’s available in the United States and in many other countries via my link on Amazon.com.
Are the Techniques Gi or No Gi?
Brandon and I wear gi’s for every technique in the book. That being said Brandon is a no gi BJJ world champion and has competed a ton in no gi, meaning that many of the techniques carry over very well to the no gi environment.
The book is basically organised in 3 parts:
- A section on the fundamental movements of BJJ and the advanced applications for those movements,
- Butterfly guard attacks and sequences, and
- de la Riva guard attacks and sequences.
Most of parts 1 and 2 are directly applicable to no gi if you make some simple adjustments (like using a collar tie grip instead of a cross lapel grip). Part 3 (the de la Riva guard section) has more techniques that require the gi, but there’s still a lot of value in that section for any style of grappler.
Does This Book Cover Standup or Takedowns?
Not really… Brandon is a highly skilled wrestler and has competed in Judo as well, but takedowns weren’t the focus of this project.
If you’re interested in takedowns and the standup game please check out the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent, Series 2 project by Brandon and myself.
Does This Book Cover Self Defense Techniques?
Not specifically (i.e. nobody is punching or kicking anyone. That being said, the fundamental movements section would be critical information for anyone interested in self defense, because if your fundamentals aren’t on point then your techniques just won’t work in a self defense situation.
Is the Non-Stop Jiu-Jitsu Book Available in Kindle or eBook Format?
Not at the current time, sorry, but there’s a good reason for this. If you take a look at the pages in the book they are very formatting intensive, and every page is different.
It would take almost a total redesign of the book to make it easy to use on Kindle, especially if that app is installed on a phone rather than a tablet. This is a project that I may take on in the future, but no promises.
Is This the Same Material as the Nonstop Jiu-Jitsu Video Course?
Mostly yes; the Nonstop Jiu-Jitsu course that’s available in digital, app and DVD format covers the same techniques as in this book.
A video course has the advantage of being in video format, which is the preferred learning format for some people. This book has the advantage of having additional training and competition tips included in it, and being able to refer to material more conveniently
Personally I like the dual format – book AND video. That way I can see how the move is supposed to be done on video, but then it’s generally much quicker to look up a technique (or the steps in a technique) in a book rather than try to find just the right part of a longer video. It’s your choice!