This is the seventh app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series.
In ‘Guard and Bottom Position Gameplan,’ Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belts Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins and Stephan Kesting work together to give you a complete guard game, including the setups, sweeps, submissions, and transitions that really work even against people who are much bigger than you.
You’ll discover how to control your opponent’s posture so that he can’t even begin to pass your guard, regardless of his size.
From there you’ll learn then how to blend sweep and submission attacks, either sweeping your opponent to his back or finishing the match with a devastatingly effective choke or joint lock.
Although there are many different techniques covered in this app, the highlight is probably Brandon’s sophisticated set of triangle and omoplata attacks, and the finishes that cut right through any defences your opponent might throw in your way.
All of the techniques, tweaks, details, tricks and tips are put into the context of coherent ‘gameplans.’ These are specific strategies that tell you when you should use a specific technique and how to link different techniques together, making your jiu-jitsu MUCH more effective than if you were simply trying a bunch of individual moves in isolation.
The whole ‘How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent’ series is designed to give you the techniques and strategies that are especially effective against opponents who are much bigger, stronger, and more muscular than you.
You’ll also learn how to stay safe and avoid injury on the mats when rolling with heavier grapplers.
There’s a ton of great material here that you’ll be able to immediately add to your game. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!
ABOUT BRANDON AND STEPHAN
Brandon Mullins is a BJJ black belt based out of Houston Texas. A very active competitor, Brandon has tested himself in well over 200 competition matches at BJJ, no-gi submission grappling, and Judo tournaments.
He has compiling a phenomenal record, both with and without the gi: he’s won gold medals at the Black Belt division at the No-Gi World Championships… And multiple gold medals in the Advanced division at Grappler’s Quest… And medals at the Mundials, the Pan-Ams, the US Open, and the Gracie World’s.
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt, and a Combat Submission Wrestling instructor. He has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years.
A master teacher, Stephan has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his crystal-clear instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
- 2 hours and 19 minutes of solid instruction, making this an excellent value!
- Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click ‘favourite’ feature
- The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- BONUS: Buy this app and download ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ for free!
Advanced Triangle Choke Details
How to Use the Kimura Against a Very Defensive Opponent
Defending Big Guy Attacks and the Honour of Jiu-Jitsu
1. Guard Game / Bottom Strategy Intro
2. Stripping Lapel Grips
3. Stripping Belt Grips
4. Stripping Sleeve Grips
5. Dealing with Bicep Control
6. Breaking Posture from Closed Guard
7. Intro to Triangle Chokes
8. Gringo Grip to Triangle Choke
9. Gringo Grip to Omoplata
10. Hip Bump Sweep
11. Hip Bump Sweep Variation
12. Whizzer to Triangle Choke
13. Wrist Pin Triangle Choke
14. Whizzer to Omoplata
15. Omoplata as Sprawl Counter
16. Whizzer to Straight Armbar
17. Double Arm Trap to Triangle Choke
18. Double Arm Trap to Sweep
19. Advanced Pendulum Sweep
20. Pendulum Sweep Recounters
21. Double Underhook and Leg Bind
22. Kimura vs Defensive Posture
23. Belt Drag vs Defensive Posture
24. Guillotine/Triangle vs Defensive Posture
25. Defending the Barbosa/San Paulo Pass