Advanced BJJ Q&A with Emily Kwok is volume four of five in the How to Defeat the Bigger Stronger Opponent series featuring world champion Emily Kwok and Stephan Kesting from Grapplearts.com.
All five volumes in this series are available in the Grapplearts BJJ Master App. The app form allows you to instantly access the information on your phone, no matter where you are.
And because the Grapplearts BJJ Master App is FREE to download you can check it out and preview the material to your heart’s content.
So go ahead and download the free Grapplearts BJJ Master App for free here:
What’s in ‘Advanced BJJ Q&A with Emily Kwok’?
In ‘Advanced BJJ Q&A’ Emily shares the tricks, techniques and mindsets she uses on a daily basis against taller, heavier and much stronger training partners – no matter how ‘agro’ they are.
All the material in this app was professionally filmed during a semi-private Q & A session in which Emily answered questions from white, blue, brown and blackbelts.
Here’s just some of the material Emily covers in this app:
- A highly sport-specific and functional warmup for a group of people of all sizes,
- A detailed breakdown of Emily’s approach to attacking from rearmount, including secrets learned from Marcelo Garcia,
- How to finish the guillotine even when your opponent is taller and stronger than you with a much larger neck,
- How to attack with the guillotine in a way that sets up an instant guard pass,
- Sweeps that use your opponent’s size to your advantage,
- A choke that works on bigger, stronger Goliaths, even if you’re only using one hand,
- What to do when your opponent stalls in your guard, trying to shut down your attacks,
- How to protect your fingers from getting injured when gripfighting,
- Emily’s favorite X Guard pass,
- The keys to controlling the rear mount so that your opponent can’t squirm or power out of it, and how to put him into constant ~ danger of getting submitted,
- Why some traditional teaching techniques actually hinder your progress, and how to get better fast,
- Two high-percentage moves to recover from a failed butterfly guard sweep, even if your opponent is trying to use his superior size to crush you and shut down your game,
- The mindset you MUST maintain to prevent your sweeps from being shut down and having your guard passed,
- And more tips, techniques and mindset tricks from a world champion BJJ competitor that you can add to your game and use on the mat right away.
- A World Champion’s solutions for many of the most common problems encountered when fighting bigger, stronger opponents on the ground.
- 1 hour of solid, filler-free, video instruction
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using the one-click ‘favourite’ button
- The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- BONUS: purchase this app and receive Stephan’s highly-reviewed ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ book for free!
I love using the X Guard. It’s a really powerful position that I’ve used to sweep people so many times it’s not even funny. I always feel a huge wave of relief whenever I manage to catch somebody in this position because I know that I’ve almost got the sweep now.
But I hate those man-bites-dog moments when I get get caught in the X Guard myself. It’s a good thing have a few answers that I use when someone has the audacity to use my own guard position against me, and I learned my most reliable X Guard counter from Emily Kwok herself. Here it is:
And here’s a second preview from the app. This is Emily teaching some of the in-depth details of the Rear Mount that she’s learned from training with Marcelo Garcia:
How to Get ‘Advanced BJJ Q&A with Emily Kwok’ On Your Phone
I’ve worked with my programmer to make it as easy as possible to get these submission, sweeping and escape techniques onto your phone. This way you’ll always have your jiu-jitsu instruction close at hand and ready to access!
All the techniques in the Advanced BJJ Q&A instructional are in the Grapplearts BJJ Master App.
That Grapplearts BJJ Master App is FREE to download for your Apple and/or Android phone (and comes with more than 457 minutes of free black belt video instruction right out of the box).
This is the app you’re looking for: my smiling mug surrounded by icons and a red border.
Click on the Appropriate Button Below to Download the Grapplearts BJJ Master App for Free