I hope you’ll like this episode of the Grapplearts Radio Podcast! In it I talk with 62 yr old BJJ black belt Rabbi Mordecai Finley (the Wrassling Rabbi) about many topics including…
- Starting BJJ at a later age and finally getting his black belt at age 62
- How to pick the the right jiu-jitsu club
- Training with sciatica and after a heart attack
- The horrors of the Eastern Front in World War 2 and the extremes of human fortitude
- Interpreting the Torah
- Being Leonard Cohen’s Rabbi
- Awarding Blue Belts in marriage counselling
- And much more.
This podcast episode, along with all my others, are available on my Strenuous Life Podcast, which you can subscribe to with a few easy clicks! Choose your audio player below and click on it to open up The Strenuous Life Podcast and from there, you can click to subscribe.
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Alternately, you can click below to listen (however, you run the risk of missing future episodes by not subscribing – but if you’re a gambler then here you go!)
- Download the Roadmap for BJJ, our quick start guide for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for free. More info about that book right here.
- If you’re thinking about starting and training BJJ in your 40’s, 50’s or even 60’s then click here to check out all our tips and articles designed to help the older grappler on the mats.
- Check out the most recent videos and articles on Grapplearts by clicking here.