Daniele Bolelli is a martial artist, historian and the creator of the History on Fire podcast. But this time I managed to get him for a return visit to my own Strenuous Life Podcast (Click here for information about our first podcast together).
Here’s just a bit of what we covered…
- The evidence for and against an ultra-violent human past vs a peaceful noble savage model of our hunter-gatherer past
- The rise of MMA in Asia.His process of researching and producing History on Fire, one of the leading history podcasts
- How to get rid of weight cutting in mixed martial arts competition
- Daniele’s proposed ‘Gladiators for World Peace’ program and how it’s going to get him the Nobel Peace Prize
- His return to Italy as a tourist
- Is it too soon to tell whether we’re moving towards a more peaceful future?
- Ötzi the iceman, Neanderthal DNA in our genomes, and a mass murder that occurred 430,000 years ago
- And much more!
To listen to this conversation you could press play on the embedded audio player below, but then you might miss out on future episodes, wouldn’t you?
So the best thing to do is to subscribe to The Strenuous Life Podcast using the podcast player that you almost certainly already have on your phone!
(For example, if you have an iPhone then it’s the purple app with the antenna-like thing in it. Just click the Apple Podcasts link below and it should open up that app for you.)
Here are the links to find the podcast on various players.
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play