In this episode of The Strenuous Life Podcast I sat down with Ken Johnson, retired Battalion Chief of Training, to talk shop. We covered,
- Managing emergency scenes,
- Staying calm under pressure,
- Training for boxing and making sure that you’re always in shape,
- Recent breakthroughs in firefighting tactics,
- How to do your best in difficult situations,
- The critical importance of your team,
- The fun side of firefighting,
- Whether someone should become a firefighter or not,
- How to increase the chances of getting signed on,
- Plus we talked ironworking, boxing, and a lot more.
There’s a lot here for everyone, including non-firefighters, because many of the principles and ideas shared by Chief Johnson are universal.
Find out more about Chief Johnson on his Career Firefighter site where he helps aspiring firefighters get hired and do their best at their new jobs.
This podcast episode, along with all my others, are available on my Strenuous Life Podcast, which you can subscribe to with a few easy clicks! Choose your audio player below and click on it to open up The Strenuous Life Podcast and from there, you can click to subscribe, or simply search for this episode which is episode # 102.
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Alternately, you can click on the embedded audio player below to listen (however, you run the risk of missing future episodes by not subscribing – but if you’re a gambler then here you go!)