Here’s a quick 10 minute audio rant I released on my Strenuous Life Podcast recently.
I start out by talking about why you absolutely have to train some form of grappling if you consider yourself a martial artist.
Then we go into the 6 basic position of traditional BJJ – the positions that you’ll be spending 80% of your time in when you’re rolling around on the mat.
And then I cover the idea of having at least 2 reliable escapes, transitions and submissions from each of those positions.
To hear this podcast episode in full, you have a couple of options. The first one is to just press play on the embedded player below – easy as 1,2,3! The second (and better!) option is subscribing to The Strenuous Life Podcast so that you don’t miss out on any future episodes. To do this, you just need to click on your chosen audio player that is compatible with your device – one click and you’re on your way!
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify Podcasts (they’re free)
- Google Play
Or as promised, the embedded audio player is below:
If you’re convinced by my arguments about the necessity of training BJJ and want some help in getting to the next step then I would suggest doing two things…
- First download my free checklist of jiu-jitsu positions and techniques in PDF form by clicking here, and then
- Download my free Roadmap for BJJ app for your Apple or Android device by going here.
Both steps are free and both will definitely help you get good at jiu-jitsu MUCH faster!