By limiting what you do during training and drilling you become much more precise and will improve much faster in jiu-jitsu.
With examples from whitewater paddling, mountain climbing, and yes, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Precision Drilling to Improve Faster in BJJ (Video Format)
Here’s the video version of the podcast…
Precision Drilling to Improve Faster in BJJ (Audio Format)
This video was also published as episode 365 of The Strenuous Life Podcast.
You can also listen to the audio-only format of the episode on your podcast player.
It’s on all major podcast platforms, but here are some of the major links to get you started…
Or if you want to stay on this page please use the embedded audio player below…
Jiu-Jitsu Techniques, Strategies and Training Methods for Older Grapplers
The latest Grapplearts instructional – BJJ for Old F***s – has a TON of solutions for older grapplers, including…
- How to establish control over an younger guy trying to sprint, dance and dive around your guard
- Strategies to beat faster opponents by setting them up so you can predict exactly what they’re going to do… and then beat them to it
- An extensive, very efficient, but low-energy guard retention system (in Volume 3)
- The exact training methods and drills you can do that’ll allow you to get better as fast as possible, with a much lower chance of injury
- Sweeps that are very high percentage but require almost no athleticism
- Submissions that’ll tap out the young studs but won’t put you in a compromising position if everything goes wrong
- And a ton of other techniques and strategies learned from decades of hard-won experience on the mats. We’ve suffered and broken ourselves so that you don’t have to!
Check out the brand new Grapplearts instructional BJJ for Old F***s. I will say without reservation that it’s really good and will definitely improve your effectiveness and longevity on the mats if you’re age 40 or older!