Intro and the Basic SLX Position
Lesson 1 | Lesson 2 | Lesson 3 |Lesson 4
Thank you so much for joining us! I’m super-excited to get you the first video in the 4 Single Leg X Guard crash course!
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in today’s lesson…
- The hidden details that make the SLX one of the most versatile sweeping positions in BJJ and submission grappling
- How to be so HEAVY on your opponent’s leg that he feels like he’s dragging around one of those old school prisoner ball and chains
- The difference between ‘ballerina feet’ and ‘jiu-jitsu feet’ (hint one is for effective distance management)
- How to use the SLX in an MMA or self defense situation to defend against strikes
- Two ways to deal with heavy forward pressure from an opponent who’d love to turn you into a pretzel
- Three effective grips to control your opponent’s leg, and why they work
- And more
P.S. Make sure to check your email tomorrow because I’ll be showing you a drill that absolutely transformed my single leg x guard and has worked wonders for anyone I’ve ever taught it to.