This is the ninth app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series.
‘Instant BJJ Gamechangers’ is all about giving you the tricks and techniques that can change your grappling game overnight.
It’s full to the brim with the ‘AHA!’ moments that allowed BJJ black belt Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins to become a world champion.
In your training you’ll repeatedly encounter problems that completely stall out your progress. A certain aspect of your game just won’t develop because you don’t have solutions to a particular obstacle that you keep on running into. It’s not that you’re stupid – you just need some answers.
That’s EXACTLY what this app is all about.
With Brandon’s bite-sized game changers you’ll be able to leapfrog right over many obstacles that hold you back. You’ll essentially be hacking the learning process by getting easy solutions to the most commonly-encountered and vexing problems that you encounter on the mats every day.
Teaching in his typical charismatic and entertaining style, Brandon shares the techniques, concepts, tricks, and strategies that instantly made his skills on the mat jump up several levels. And the good news is that this knowledge is transferable to you, potentially accelerating your learning progression by years.
As with all the other apps in this series, the techniques and strategies taught are especially effective against opponents who are much bigger, stronger, and more muscular than you. You’ll also learn how to stay safe and avoid injury on the mats when rolling with heavier grapplers.
ABOUT BRANDON AND STEPHAN
Brandon Mullins is a BJJ black belt based out of Houston Texas. A very active competitor, Brandon has tested himself in well over 200 competition matches at BJJ, no-gi submission grappling, and Judo tournaments.
He has compiled a phenomenal record, both with and without the gi: he’s won gold medals at the Black Belt division at the No-Gi World Championships… And at the European Championships… And multiple gold medals in the Advanced division at Grappler’s Quest… And medals at the Mundials, the Pan-Ams, the US Open, and the Gracie World’s.
Brandon is a small guy: he competes at 118 lbs. In an average BJJ class there are usually women and children bigger than he is. In order to be successful despite the size disadvantage he has had to become a very technical grappler, evaluating every position, paring away all wasted movements and never relying on brute strength. His disadvantage is our gain, because surviving on the mats as a smaller grappler has made him a superb (and very popular) teacher of the art of BJJ.
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt, and a Combat Submission Wrestling instructor. He has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years.
A master teacher, Stephan has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his crystal-clear instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
How to Totally Dominate Someone in Rearmount
An Advanced Omoplata Attack
An Advanced Closed Guard Sweep – the Draculino Bump
- 2 hours and 2 minutes of game-changing instruction
- Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
- All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
- The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
- You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click ‘favourite’ feature
- The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
- The same app plays on both your phone and your tablet, so you don’t need to buy different versions for each type of device
- BONUS: ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ book for free!
1. Instant BJJ Gamechangers
2. MMA Kickpass
3. Carlos Machado Repummel vs Half Guard
4. Submission-Proof Guard Passing & Taking the Back
5. Draculino Double Grip Pass
6. The Step Out Defense
7. Best Mount Attacks
8. Total Control Rearmount
9. The Kimura Backtake
10. Knee on Belly Arm Trap
11. The Draculino Bump
12. Roger Sweep Guard Defense
13. Leg Scissor Omoplata Finish
14. Rolling Omoplata Finish
15. Defeating the Over-Under Pass 1
16. Defeating the Over-Under Pass 2
17. Russian Roll Armbar
18. Defeating Double Underhooks
19. Clock Choke Defense
20. Bow and Arrow Choke Defense
21. Sperry Choke Defense
22. Brabo/Anaconda Choke Defense
23. Kneebar Defense