In today’s episode of The Strenuous Life Podcast I talk with Julie Kedzie. Julie is a retired MMA fighter who has now works as a fight commentator, interviewer and matchmaker for Invicta Fighting Championships.
In this episode she shares her experience of meeting Vladimir Putin, unaffiliating yourself from bad people (like Vladimir Putin), the importance of role models, what drove her to start MMA and how she finally made the decision to retire.
As a special bonus you’ll learn why from this point forward I want to be referred to as Herr Reverend, Master, Saint, Professor Kesting!
“The richer your life is outside of fighting the more meaningful the fighting can become” – Julie Kedzie
Key Tips and Strategies for Older Grapplers (Video Format)
Here’s the video version of the podcast…
Key Tips and Strategies for Older Grapplers (Audio Format)
This video was also published as episode 363 of The Strenuous Life Podcast.
You can also listen to the audio-only format of the episode on your podcast player.
It’s on all major podcast platforms, but here are some of the major links to get you started…
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Spotify Podcasts
- And most other podcast players
Or if you want to stay on this page please use the embedded audio player below…
Jiu-Jitsu Techniques, Strategies and Training Methods for Older Grapplers
The latest Grapplearts instructional – BJJ for Old F***s – has a TON of solutions for older grapplers, including…
- How to establish control over an younger guy trying to sprint, dance and dive around your guard
- Strategies to beat faster opponents by setting them up so you can predict exactly what they’re going to do… and then beat them to it
- An extensive, very efficient, but low-energy guard retention system (in Volume 3)
- The exact training methods and drills you can do that’ll allow you to get better as fast as possible, with a much lower chance of injury
- Sweeps that are very high percentage but require almost no athleticism
- Submissions that’ll tap out the young studs but won’t put you in a compromising position if everything goes wrong
- And a ton of other techniques and strategies learned from decades of hard-won experience on the mats. We’ve suffered and broken ourselves so that you don’t have to!
Check out the brand new Grapplearts instructional BJJ for Old F***s. I will say without reservation that it’s really good and will definitely improve your effectiveness and longevity on the mats if you’re age 40 or older!