Chewy (aka Nick Albin) is well known for the BJJ advice he gives on his prolific Chewjitsu channel, so I was thrilled to have him on the podcast.
It’s a great chat and we cover a ton of material, including
- How he got his nickname,
- His journey from wrestling to MMA to jiu-jitsu,
- Gi vs no gi training,
- Preventing injuries in training,
- Why he decided to leave tech and go full time in jiu-jitsu,
- Getting his black belt on the same day that his mother died,
- How jiu-jitsu saves lives,
- His youtube channel,
- Crazy gyms and insane coaches,
- And more.
To listen to this conversation you could press play on the embedded audio player below, but then you might miss out on future episodes, wouldn’t you?
So the best thing to do is to subscribe to The Strenuous Life Podcast using the podcast player that you almost certainly already have on your phone!
(For example, if you have an iPhone then it’s the purple app with the antenna-like thing in it. Just click the Apple Podcasts link below and it should open up that app for you.)
Here are the links to find the podcast on various players (This one is episode 120)…
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Or you can listen here: