Chewy (aka Nick Albin) is well known for the BJJ advice he gives on his prolific Chewjitsu channel, so I was thrilled to have him on the podcast.
It’s a great chat and we cover a ton of material, including
- How he got his nickname,
- His journey from wrestling to MMA to jiu-jitsu,
- Gi vs no gi training,
- Preventing injuries in training,
- Why he decided to leave tech and go full time in jiu-jitsu,
- Getting his black belt on the same day that his mother died,
- How jiu-jitsu saves lives,
- His youtube channel,
- Crazy gyms and insane coaches,
- And more.
This is all in episode 120 of The Strenuous Life podcast, which is available on many different podcast platforms including…
You can also listen to my conversation with Chewy on the embedded player below, but if you’re not subscribed on your favourite podcast player then you’ll likely miss all future episodes of this podcast and I have some other very cool guests lined up!