I’ve just released the latest podcast (episode 35), featuring an interview with Mr Kurt Osiander.
Kurt is an old-school BJJ black belt under Ralph Gracie. He’s known for his no BS communication style, his informative Youtube instructional videos, and his swearing (this interview is definitely not for the ears of little children or the overly sensitive).
The topics we cover include…
- Old school Ralph Gracie training tactics
- The attributes that make a champion
- Gi vs no gi training for MMA
- The role of talent in jiu-jitsu
- Can anyone become a black belt?
- Physical preparation and conditioning for competition
- Tattoos, art, European sword fighting and other things Kurt
- Developing mental toughness in BJJ
- The effect of modern competition techniques on street self defense skills
To listen to this conversation you could press play on the embedded audio player below, but then you might miss out on future episodes, wouldn’t you?
So the best thing to do is to subscribe to The Strenuous Life Podcast using the podcast player that you almost certainly already have on your phone!
(For example, if you have an iPhone then it’s the purple app with the antenna-like thing in it. Just click the Apple Podcasts link below and it should open up that app for you.)
Here are the links to find the podcast on various players…
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Watch on Youtube and/or click play on the embedded Youtube video below…
P.S. If you want to be notified of future interviews, articles, tips and techniques then make sure you sign up for my free email newsletter. If you don’t like what I send out then you can always unsubscribe with a single click on the link at the bottom of each email!