I just released a new interview with UFC star Alan Belcher who has had some of the most exciting, edge-of-your-seat fights in the UFC.
In our chat Alan shares lessons learned from 26 MMA fights including…
- The details of cutting major amounts of weight before an MMA fight
- His mindset while fighting Rousimar Palhares, one of the dirtiest and scariest fighter in MMA
- Lifting weights as physical therapy to hold his body together
- Exactly how he structured his UFC training camps and when you should be doing your heaviest training before a competition
- Tricks to use and mistakes to avoid when cutting weight
- Preventing overtraining by modulating the intensity and volume of your training sessions
- How dieting and cardio prevented him from actually training correctly
- How he prepared specifically to face a leglock expert in the UFC
- The crazy treatments he did to repair his detached retina
- And really quite a bit more!
This podcast episode, along with all my others, are available on my Strenuous Life Podcast, which you can subscribe to with a few easy clicks! Choose your audio player below and click on it to open up The Strenuous Life Podcast and from there, you can click to subscribe, or simply search for this episode which is episode # 63.
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Alternately, you can click on the embedded audio player below to listen (however, you run the risk of missing future episodes by not subscribing – but if you’re a gambler then here you go!)
Or you can click play on the Youtube video below