I just released a new interview with UFC star Alan Belcher who has had some of the most exciting, edge-of-your-seat fights in the UFC.
In our chat Alan shares lessons learned from 26 MMA fights including…
- The details of cutting major amounts of weight before an MMA fight
- His mindset while fighting Rousimar Palhares, one of the dirtiest and scariest fighter in MMA
- Lifting weights as physical therapy to hold his body together
- Exactly how he structured his UFC training camps and when you should be doing your heaviest training before a competition
- Tricks to use and mistakes to avoid when cutting weight
- Preventing overtraining by modulating the intensity and volume of your training sessions
- How dieting and cardio prevented him from actually training correctly
- How he prepared specifically to face a leglock expert in the UFC
- The crazy treatments he did to repair his detached retina
- And really quite a bit more!
To listen to or watch this interview you have a couple of different options! You can either
- Click here to subscribe to the Grapplearts Podcast in iTunes (or Google Play, or Stitcher) – the Alan Belcher episode is number 63!
- Or you can click play on the Youtube video below