My friend Rob Biernacki and I recently shot a video about two of the most important takedowns for grappling: the single and the double leg takedowns.
These are deeply complex techniques that can be explored and elaborated on endlessly, but for beginners it’s sometimes good to keep things simple.
However we let our inner smartasses run wild when we were filming this material, so the information is good but it generated a LOT of indignant comments on my Youtube channel.
(Maybe it had to do with the title: Two Radical NEW Takedowns for BJJ and No Gi Grappling.)
Anyway, check it out here and if you’re an experienced wrestler then try to keep your sense of humour!
Do you know that I send out the most kick-ass email newsletter in all of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu?
These email lessons are also 100% FREE – you will never be charged for them.
Below are a just a few topics that I cover in my emails. Most are applicable to any kind of ground fighting, whether you do BJJ, submission grappling, MMA, Judo, etc.
- The guard posture mistakes that’ll get you killed on the mats,
- The six positions you must know in groundfighting
- The biggest mistake people make with their chokes
- How NOT to do the closed guard (and how to correctly transition to the open guard)
- How to stay injury free in a highly physical sport,
- The seven things every blue belt must know,
- Why talent is totally over-rated in BJJ
- How to triple your endurance on the ground,
- And a ton more.
If you to receive these tips by email and get a copy of my Roadmap for BJJ Book as an instant download, COMPLETELY FOR FREE AND WITH NO OBLIGATION EVER, just enter your name and address below