Tarsis Humphreys is a multiple time BJJ Black Belt world champion and Brazilian National Champion. From 1998 to 2010 he won a medal in whichever Black Belt adult division he entered.
In this episode we go DEEP into the mental game of BJJ, including
- How to keep a match on your preferred terms,
- The optimal state of mental arousal for a match,
- Tailoring a strategy to overcome certain opponents,
- How to avoid overtraining,
- How Tarsis came back after ACL surgery in record time,
- Mixing weight training and jiu-jitsu training,
- Training with BJJ legend Fabio Gurgel,
- Mental breakthroughs and finding motivation
- Going to Burning Man,
- And more!
Listen to the Episode Here…
If you want to listen then grab episode 204 about the mental side of jiu-jitsu with Tarsis Humphreys using the podcast player that you already have on your phone!
For example, if you have an iPhone then it’s the purple app with the antenna-like thing in it; just click the Apple Podcasts link below to go to the right place and hit ‘subscribe’.
Here are the links to find the podcast on various players – today’s episode is number 204…
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Or you can just stream the audio here:
1) Follow Tarsis Humphreys on Instagram @tarsisBJJ
2) To find out more about Fabio Gurgel’s Pressure Passing System that he teaches to all his Alliance guys (including Tarsis) go to Grapplearts.com/pressure
3) And, as always, a rating or a review for this podcast is super appreciated and super helpful!