Today you’re going to get 12 BJJ black belts give their best tips, strategies and advice for people just starting out in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. White belts looking for help getting started and organising their training will really benefit from watching this.
Although there are a few themes the fascinating thing is how diverse the advice is. There is no one path, no one BJJ tip to rule them all, so getting different opinions from different grapplers is an amazing thing!
If this video doesn’t fire you up and get you on the mat grappling then nothing will!
Watch the video below, or scroll down to find out who they are in advance and listen to this in audio-only podcast format!
Here are the 12 BJJ black belts featured in this video:
- Stephan Kesting (0:00 to 1:14) grapplearts.com
- Bernardo Faria (1:14 to 2:25) bernardofaria.com
- Brandon ‘Wolverine’ Mullins (2:25 to 5:22) justgipants.com
- Travis Stevens (5:22 to 6:04) blog.fujisports.com
- Rob Biernacki (6:04 to 7:21) islandtopteam.com/
- Pshemek Drabczynski (7:21 to 8:10) besthometrainer.com
- Ritchie Yip (8:10 to 9:22) infighting.ca
- Sean McHugh (9:22 to 10:20) alliancekelowna.com
- Elliott Bayev (10:20 to 12:09) openmat.ca
- Jason Manly (12:09 to 12:48) instagram.com/jasonmanly
- Michael Zenga (12:48 to 13:49) bjjfanatics.com
- Perry Bateson (13:49 to 14:56) nwjja.ca/
- BJJ Positions & Techniques Checklist (free download here)
This podcast episode, along with all my others, are available on my Strenuous Life Podcast, which you can subscribe to with a few easy clicks! Choose your audio player below and click on it to open up The Strenuous Life Podcast and from there, you can click to subscribe, or simply search for this episode which is episode # 132.
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Alternately, you can click on the embedded audio player below to listen (however, you run the risk of missing future episodes by not subscribing – but if you’re a gambler then here you go!)
See you on the mat!