Erik Paulson is an MMA Master Coach. He’s trained tons of fighters competing at the highest levels of Mixed Martial Arts. And he held the Shooto light-heavyweight title in Japan for 5 years.
He’s also my friend and a mentor.
Recently I asked my newsletter readers if there was something in particular you wanted to ask Erik. (Hey, if you were signed up for the FREE Grappling Tips newsletter you’d have been able to ask questions too!).
Anyway, within 5 minutes the email floodgates opened and the deluge of questions started. At last count there were more than 500 questions in the queue…
We just finished getting the interview ready for you! Here’s just a bit of what Erik shares:
- What training with the Gracies in their ‘garage days’ was like
- How wrestling can improve your BJJ, and visa versa
- The theory of the jiu-jitsu wheel
- The strategic and tactical differences between catchwrestling and BJJ
- The key to rapid-fire submission attacks
- Erik’s philosophy on training with and without the gi
- What’s the best time to attack with leglocks
- Leglock safety tips
- How to develop a fighter’s gameplan
- Tips for defeating larger, stronger opponents
- What training with Brock Lesnar is like
- The best conditioning exercises for fighting and grappling
- A glaring weakness (and fantastic opportunity) in today’s MMA game
This podcast episode, along with all my others, are available on my Strenuous Life Podcast, which you can subscribe to with a few easy clicks! Choose your audio player below and click on it to open up The Strenuous Life Podcast and from there, you can click to subscribe, or simply search for this episode which is episode # 3.
- Apple Podcasts (the purple app on your iPhone)
- Google Podcasts (the new google podcast app)
- Spotify (it’s free)
- Google Play
Alternately, you can click on the embedded audio player below to listen (however, you run the risk of missing future episodes by not subscribing – but if you’re a gambler then here you go!)
Download My BJJ Position and Technique Checklist for Free
And I would love to send it to you too!
Enter your email in the box below and I’ll send you the download link right away!